Organic Certification for Professional organic producers, processors and distributors
If you are interested in converting your holding to organic production or in processing, retailing or distributing a product to be labelled as ‘organic’, then follow this link for 5 easy steps and your application will be underway.
The Organic Trust is the centre of excellence when it comes to organic inspection and certification in Ireland. The very broad range of organic technical expertise available within our organisation is at your service.
The Department of Agriculture, Food & The Marine offers a range of financial incentives to assist those interested in getting involved in organic production. In addition capital grants are available for the purchase of specific equipment
An opportunity exists to join a small team of dedicated professionals in an organic inspection and certification organisation located in Clontarf, Dublin 3.
This new position is a support role to the CEO and Inspection & Certification Officer – supporting all aspects of the inspection, certification and accreditation regime.
Duties include the following:
• Liaising with a broad range of stakeholders, particularly our diverse membership of over 1000 clients - first point of contact by telephone and/or email and/or fax and/or post, therefore, pre-requisite is a friendly, approachable and professional approach.
• Data input, analysis and processing including report binding, collating, processing and distribution.
• Report writing, as required – contribution to a wide range of written communications including promotional materials, company magazine, brochures and so forth.
• Post – Incoming and Outgoing
• Courier Requirements – incoming & outgoing
• Filing according to strict procedures
• Managing office supplies; ensuring adequate supplies of documents, materials, enquiry packs etc are always available to assist other staff members in their roles
• Processing organic mart livestock entries
• Processing of Annual Renewal Documentation – Outgoing and Incoming
• Handling queries, responding to requests, following up on documentation etc as required by the membership and the organisation on an on-going basis
• Proficiency in the operation of the Company’s integrated Database as it relates to the functions stipulated in this job description; to observe full confidentiality regarding its contents and to confine any use of the Database to those specific areas which have been designated
• Book-keeping assignments as assigned from time to time.
• Ad hoc duties and projects as assigned on an on-going basis.
• To manage the role in an efficient, proactive and timely manner
• To represent the organisation at events as may be required from time to time, in a professional and helpful manner
• Display the ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines in this busy and varied work environment – a willingness to learn and adapt to changing work requirements is a pre-requisite
• As an integral member of a small team of highly motivated and dedicated professionals, the successful candidate must be willing to be flexible regarding the demands of this role: tasks may vary depending on internal and external requirements, deadlines and so forth.
• As an accredited organisation, our policies and procedures must be strictly adhered to and an understanding and willingness to comply with this requirement is essential.
• Integrity & Strict Confidentiality
• High level of IT competency
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player with a strong sense of initiative and self-motivation
• Excellent time management skills
• Accuracy and keen attention to detail
• Methodical approach to workload
• Friendly, approachable and professional in all interactions
Those interested in being considered for this vacancy should forward an up-to-date c.v. to email@example.com by Friday November 24th 2017.
Regretfully, personal callers to our office cannot be accommodated.